Sunday 27 May 2012

Water fool...

Stella has spent most of this week being walked near water.  A couple of days ago we bumped into a black lab dog who's a bit of a ladies man (well he likes to think so) who most bitches get a bit fed up of.  He's a little boisterous with his amorous intentions.  Stella's a little vocal in her rebuff.  I was a bit gobsmacked when they played very well together and thought it might be a lovely walk with a playmate...

I think Stella is psychic.  Beau had been bathed and brushed ready for going on holiday the next day.  He wasn't allowed to get dirty.  Stella made sure he went in the muddy brook....

With an air of resignation usually reserved for me, Beau's owner decided to let him play in the water in the flood plain, and even found a stick to throw in for them.  Stella's not as daft as she makes out, and ran along the bank to get closer to the stick before leaping in.  By the time Beau got to where the stick was, Stella was on the side with a stick barking for it to be thrown back in.  Just as Beau's dad got to the stick, Stella decided to shake the water off her...

I tried so hard not to laugh my cheeks ached :D

Yesterday, I spent ages blowing up a paddling pool, which Stella went nuts in when it was in the living room.  "Fantastic, she's going to love this" I thought.  I put it outside. I spent a lot of time walking to and fro with only one small bucket to fill it.  I filled it. I called Stella.  Stella came out. Stella looked at the paddling pool. Stella turned tail and ran inside with a look of fear on her face.  Nothing, but nothing, could persuade her to get into it.  Maybe the water's too clean......

Today, Demon had an activity day with the Brownies, so as I dropped her off near a park, I thought I'd take Stella for a new walk.  Stella loved it. Stella could smell the river, which at this point is little more than a stream, but down a steep bank which is covered in vegetation. Ha! No wet car for me!  Off she went ahead, and round a corner...at which point I started panicking and called her back. No doggy....and then I heard the noise that all dog owners dread, the noise that puts the fear of god into you...






SPLASH!!

Yes, Stella had found the only access to the river...which, as it was down a steep bank, meant she picked up a fair old pace.  I suspect the ducks may have been surprised by the Tsunami that reached them....



No comments:

Post a Comment